Institution: CNR, Italy
Position: PhD student
Master Degree: Condensed Matter Physics and Biological Systems, specialization in Biophysics, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, Spain
Summary: Coming from Navarra, in the north of Spain, passionate about life, science, and technology. I completed my BSc in physics between the University of Zaragoza (3 years) and UNSW Sydney (1 year), where I discovered my fascination with biophysics. During that time in Australia, I had my first encounter with optical tweezers and artificial intelligence as a summer intern in the UTS photonics lab. Back in Spain, while undertaking my master’s degree, I have been working part-time at the visual optics and biophotonics group of the Spanish Research Council (CSIC). I have helped to develop a non-invasive technique to measure the scleral biomechanical properties, which could be useful for myopia and glaucoma treatment and prevention.
Research interests: My project aims to understand the dynamics of artificial active swimmers in optical tweezers, both theoretically and experimentally. By understanding the role of particle shape and asymmetry at the nanoscale, we also aim to control such non-equilibrium dynamics on shaped active artificial nanoswimmers in extended random light fields.
Latest News (all news about David Bronte Ciriza)
- Faster and more accurate geometrical-optics optical force calculation using neural networks on ArXiv September 12, 2022
- David participates in the Complex Nanophotonics Science Camp 2022 in Windsor, UK August 9, 2022
- David participates in the MoLE conference, 25-29 July, Donostia-San Sebastián July 29, 2022
- David was awarded the best Poster Prize at NanoPlasm 2022 June 13, 2022
- David participated in NanoPlasm 2022, 13-17 June, Cetraro, Italy June 13, 2022
- David participated in the 2022 Young Minds Leadership meeting June 2, 2022
- Laura Natali and David Bronte Ciriza presented an effective communication activity in Lisbon April 30, 2022
- David presented an oral contribution at PHOTOPTICS 2022 February 10, 2022
- David’s secondment at UCL January 11, 2022
- David visits the Soft Materials and Interfaces lab at ETH Zurich December 20, 2021