Institution: Cherry Biotech
Position: PhD Student (enrolled at the PhD program of Gotenburg University of Technology)
Master Degree: Biomedical Engineering (Medical Instrumentation) at Czech Technical University in Prague
For my Bachelor’s Degree I studied Computer and Communications Engineering with minors in Biomedical Engineering and Biomedical Sciences at the American University of Science and Technology in Beirut. Then, I continued my studies in Biomedical Engineering (Medical Instrumentation) and earned a master’s degree from the Czech Technical University in Prague. For my master thesis, I worked with musculoskeletal disorders where I designed methods to evaluate the kinematic data and EMG signal of the gait of twelve children with Cerebral Palsy.
My research interest includes the development of human micro- physiology systems (MPS) and image processing algorithms to study and characterize the behavior of active therapeutic compounds under the effect of different microenvironmental conditions and stimuli. I will also explore the power of gathered data and AI in this in vitro testing field to improve cells culturing and automated MPS behavior tracking.
Latest News (all news about Dana Hassan)
- Round Table Discussion on Fluids and Active Matter September 13, 2021
- Round Table Discussion on Theoretical Aspects of Collective Behaviour September 9, 2021
- The Active Matter network has a new logo ! June 28, 2021
- Round Table Discussion on: Optics, Spectroscopy, Micro and Nanofabrication, and Nanotribology March 25, 2021
- Round Table Discussion on: Living Active Matter March 19, 2021