Institution: CNR, Italy
Position: PhD student
Master Degree: Condensed Matter Physics and Biological Systems, specialization in Biophysics, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, Spain
Summary: Coming from Navarra, in the north of Spain, passionate about life, science, and technology. I completed my BSc in physics between the University of Zaragoza (3 years) and UNSW Sydney (1 year), where I discovered my fascination with biophysics. During that time in Australia, I had my first encounter with optical tweezers and artificial intelligence as a summer intern in the UTS photonics lab. Back in Spain, while undertaking my master’s degree, I have been working part-time at the visual optics and biophotonics group of the Spanish Research Council (CSIC). I have helped to develop a non-invasive technique to measure the scleral biomechanical properties, which could be useful for myopia and glaucoma treatment and prevention.
Research interests: My project aims to understand the dynamics of artificial active swimmers in optical tweezers, both theoretically and experimentally. By understanding the role of particle shape and asymmetry at the nanoscale, we also aim to control such non-equilibrium dynamics on shaped active artificial nanoswimmers in extended random light fields.
Latest News (all news about David Bronte Ciriza)
- David Bronte Ciriza nominated for a Student Paper Prize at the Biophotonics Congress April 2, 2021
- Presentation by D. Bronte Ciriza at OSA-OMA-2021 April 2, 2021
- Round Table Discussion on: Optics, Spectroscopy, Micro and Nanofabrication, and Nanotribology March 25, 2021
- Optical tweezers in a dusty universe published in The European Physical Journal Plus March 24, 2021
- Round Table Discussion on: Living Active Matter March 19, 2021
- David Bronte Ciriza visits the Soft Matter Lab, Gothenburg, Sweden November 2, 2020
- David Bronte Ciriza presents his PhD project at the ActiveMatter online meeting, 10 September 2020 September 12, 2020
- ActiveMatter PIs+ESRs Online Meeting on 10 September 2020 September 11, 2020
- David Bronte Ciriza joins the ActiveMatter ITN September 1, 2020