Institution: FC.ID, Lisbon, Portugal
Position: PhD Student
Master Degree: AtoSiM program: Physics, ENS de Lyon, France and Sapienza University of Rome, Italy
Chemistry, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
I completed a Masters in physics from ENS de Lyon and La Sapienza university in Rome and a Masters in chemistry at the University of Amsterdam, both trough the AtoSIM program. During my studies I became interested in the theory of statistical physics and in computational methods, I graduated in 2017 on a model of patchy particles, which I used to investigate dipolar hard spheres. During my PhD I am further pursuing my interest in statistical physics, now in the dynamic field (pun intended) of active matter!
Statistical physics, active matter.
Latest News (all news about Danne van Roon)
- Round Table Discussion on: Collective Behavior March 30, 2021
- Round Table Discussion on: Phoretic Propulsion Mechanism March 17, 2021
- Danne van Roon presents his PhD project at the ActiveMatter online meeting, 10 September 2020 September 12, 2020
- ActiveMatter PIs+ESRs Online Meeting on 10 September 2020 September 11, 2020
- Danne van Roon joins the ActiveMatter ITN May 1, 2020