Institution: ETH Zürich, Switzerland
Position: PhD Student
Master Degree: Food Technology – Ingredient functionality, Wageningen University, the Netherlands
I’m from the Netherlands. I got my Master’s degree in Food Technology at Wageningen University in 2019. In my Master’s program I focused on the physics and physical chemistry of food systems. During my MSc. thesis I investigated colloidal gelation of protein particles, where I discovered my excitement for colloids and non-equilibrium phenomena. In my current research I’m focusing on active colloids confined at complex liquid-liquid interfaces.
Active colloids confined at complex liquid-liquid interfaces.
Latest News (all news about Carolina van Baalen)
- Round Table Discussion on: Optics, Spectroscopy, Micro and Nanofabrication, and Nanotribology March 25, 2021
- Round Table Discussion on: Phoretic Propulsion Mechanism March 17, 2021
- Carolina van Baalen presents her PhD project at the ActiveMatter online meeting, 10 September 2020 September 12, 2020
- ActiveMatter PIs+ESRs Online Meeting on 10 September 2020 September 11, 2020
- Carolina van Baalen joins the ActiveMatter ITN January 1, 2020